If you own a hoverboard, but haven’t yet converted it to a hoverkart, a whole new world of adventure awaits. With an inexpensive and easy-to-attach piece of kit, you can turn your two-wheeled hoverboard, into a thrilling three-wheeled hoverkart.
Here’s a few things you might not know about hoverkarts:
- Take a seat – a hoverkart with seat attachment will give you the comfort of a sturdy bucket seat while you ride.
- Quick and easy – once you have assembled the hoverkart kit by screwing the seat to the frame, you can remove it and put it back onto your hoverboard in seconds, by attaching it with the Velcro straps. If you are wondering how to attach straps to hoverkart, it’s easy – you just loop them through the chassis of the hoverkart attachment and over the hoverboard and secure making sure nothing is interfering with the wheels. You also need to make sure the straps are as tight as they can be.
- Need for speed – how fast does a hoverkart go? When you ride your hoverboard as a hoverkart, you’ll still be doing the same maximum speed, but it will feel much faster!
- Stunts and tricks – a hoverkart kit allows you to perform stunts and tricks, like wheelies.
- Racing – a hoverkart kit also turns your hoverboard into a fun racing kart.
- Hand controls – when you attach a hoverkart kit, it adds a set on poles to your hoverboard, which can be used for braking and manouevring. When you are stationary, the poles should be horizontal. To move backwards, lift them both up and to move forwards, push them towards the ground. To turn left, put pressure on the right handle and leave the left as it is – do the opposite to turn right. With a bit of practice, it will become second nature.
- Matching paintwork – there’s no need to risk ruining the look of your hoverboard when you invest in a hoverkart kit as you can purchase the in the form of a hoverkart bundle, such as the Pink Galaxy 6.5” Disco LED Official Hoverboard. This gives you a matching eye-catching pink gloss paint finish on both the hoverboard and the kart attachment. There are bundles to suit a range of hoverboards from 6.5” to 10”.
- Braking power – if you are wondering how to stop a hoverkart, it’s easy – pull the handles back while in motion.
- Third wheel – a hoverkart attachment adds a small, third wheel in front of the hoverboard. This gives added stability while you ride and it enables you to perform a range of fun tricks. It also makes mincemeat of lumps and bumps in the terrain.
- Lightweight – hoverkart attachments are made from lightweight aluminium, which means they are easy to carry and store, but also strong and durable. Exactly what you’d expect from such a clever piece of kit. Despite being lightweight, most hoverkart frames can accommodate adult riders, however, it is always best to check the maximum weight capacity before you buy.