If your child is a hoverboard fan and you are wondering what sort of party to throw for their next birthday, why not think about a hoverboard party? The hoverboard birthday party is a growing trend and it hugely popular with kids of all ages.
You will need to throw your hoverboard party on private land with the owner’s permission, or hire a suitable indoor venue where you are allowed to throw a hoverboard party. A hoverboard party should always be held in a safe and controlled environment and safety equipment such as helmets, should be provided.
It will need to be somewhere with a flat smooth surface where kids can ride their hoverboards safely. If you are looking to throw a hoverboard party Kent, then check out Redenfly who throw hoverboard parties across the South East of England.
Please note that hoverboard parties are only suitable for children over the age of six.
Here are a few tips on how to throw the perfect hoverboard party:
- Create a track – buy or borrow plastic cones or other markers so that you can create an obstacle course or a race. If indoors, lower the lighting and throw in some disco lights to create a party atmosphere. You can also have relay races.
- Hire a DJ – you’ll need a great DJ for a hoverboard birthday party. This means you can run games like musical statues or a hoverboard disco dancing contest. Or you can just throw a hoverboard disco and let the party goers get on with it and throw some moves.
- Hoverboard hockey – all you need is a couple of goals, some plastic hockey sticks and an airball and you’ve got yourself a game of hoverboard hockey. Make sure you don’t use bone fide hockey gear because it’s heavy and couldn’t prove hazardous.
- Egg and spoon race – add a hoverboard twist to the traditional egg and spoon race. Two teams are pitted against one another, each having to carry an egg in a spoon without it falling from one point to the next as they ride a hoverboard.
- Hoverboard limbo – all you need is an LED light stick to create a game of hoverboard limbo. This one might be a strain for adults, but bendy kids will love limboing on their boards and you’ll be surprised at how flexible they are.
- Hoverboard conga – get the partygoers to form a line and grip the waist of the rider in front and you’ve got a conga. Why not see how many people you can add to the line?
- Hire an expert – if you hire a hoverboard expert you can show the partygoers how to do cool tricks, nifty manoeuvres and cover speed and safety while they’re at it. The parents will thank you for this one.
- Choose a theme – why not choose a fancy dress theme for your hoverboard party? Anything and everything goes from pirates through to pyjamas.
- Nerf wars – add some Nerf gun games to the package. It will be chaos, but no end of fun.
- Great food – as with any party, the hoverboarders will want to graze on tasty party food. Make it age appropriate and have fun with it. You might even want to order the birthday boy or girl a hoverboard shaped cake! Or if you are feeling brave, make one yourself.