Did you know that you can turn your hoverboard into a hoverkart in no time at all if you purchase an easy-to-attach hoverkart kit? This will turn your two-wheeled hoverboard into a three-wheeled kart with a seat. You’ll get a much more stable ride and it’s great for racing and doing tricks. And the good news is, it’s suitable for adults as well as kids.
First you have to buy a hoverkart kit or when you buy your hoverboard, choose a hoverkart package. That way, your hoverkart kit will be the perfect match, right down to the paint finish.
If you are not sure of how to put together a hoverkart, just follow our easy guide below:
- Lay all the pieces in your hoverkart kit on the floor and check that you have all the necessary parts – you can do this by looking at the instructions leaflet, which will include a list of contents. You will need a spanner, an allen key and a screw driver – your kit should come with the right sized spanner and allen key along with all the screws, washers and bolts needed.
- Start with the tube that your feet will rest on. This needs to be inserted into the main body of the hoverkart. This is adjustable, so you can alter the length to fit the height of the rider and then tighten it at the required fit.
- Next, you need to insert the foot extension adjustment fitting – make sure it is screwed in firmly.
- Now it’s time to fit the control arms into the main chassis using the provided screws and nuts – there will be four long screws, four washers and four nuts. Secure one of the steering arms and use a wrench to secure the nut, making sure that the handle doesn’t have much in the way of horizontal movement. Now repeat this on the other side.
- Push the pre-cut pieces of moulded foam out. They have adhesive on one side and should be placed over the handle brackets.
- Now use the four smaller screws to fix the specially moulded seat onto the main frame. Make sure they are tight and there is no movement of the seat.
- You’ll need to adjust the chassis bracket to fit your hoverboard.
- Place the chassis onto the hoverboard and make sure it is secured on using the Velcro straps – you need to loop them through and make sure they are tight.
And that’s it. Now you know how to attach a hoverkart to a hoverboard, you’re ready to hop on board and enjoy the ride.
If you are struggling to fit your hoverkart attachment, there are plenty of videos on YouTube. It’s best to see if there any of the model that you have purchased, because there are some minor differences. Also, take a look at the manufacturer’s website.
Once you have assembled the hoverkart, there is no need to take it apart again. Keep it nearby and you can strap it onto your hoverboard in seconds.